- NatWest is one of the largest banking companies in the UK offering a wide range of products such as Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Wealth Management.
- The Natwest Graduate program and the NatWest degree Apprenticeship roles are designed for early career seekers based mainly in the UK and other financial hubs worldwide.
- The NatWest application process consists of four stages, NatWest Job Application, NatWest Online Assessment, NatWest Interview, and NatWest Assessment Centre.
- The NatWest online Assessment consists of three stages
- Stage 1 is the Natwest Work Scenarios which is equivalent to the Situational Judgement test
- Stage 2 is the NatWest Reasoning Skills test also known as the cognitive ability test
- Stage 3 is the NatWest Video Interview which is a pre-recorded video assessment
- The Natwest Work Scenario, Natwest Reasoning Skills, and Natwest Video Interview are carried out by SHL.
- In this article, I will go through the Natwest Online Assessment stage of the Natwest graduate scheme application process for 2023
- I will help you to get your dream job by smashing all the stages of the online application process to progress on to the next stage of the Natwest application process.
NatWest Online Assessment
Natwest Online Assessment
There are three Stages to the NatWest Online Assessment:
- A Situational Judgment Test which is also known as a Work Scenario
- Cognitive Ability test which is the old Natwest Numerical reasoning and Natwest logical reasoning which is now known as the NatWest Reasoning Skills test
- NatWest Video Questions: Pre-recorded video interview assessment
NatWest Work Scenario
NatWest Reasoning Skills Assessment
NatWest Work Scenario's
- The first Natwest Online Assessment is a behavior and personality assessment of you as a potential NatWest employee.
- Natwest Work Scenario is similar to the Natwest situational judgment test from previous Online assessment tests
- Natwest Online Assessment Questions on the work scenario aim to find out about your working style and how you would fit within the work environment and culture as Natwest Employee
- The work scenario assessment helps Natwest to learn more about you
- The Natwest assessment is not timed and in total there are 14 questions an example is shown below
NatWest Work Scenario or Natwest Situational Judgement Test practice questions
this, they explain that the report has already been emailed to the Finance team as they needed it urgently. You realise this error may have impacted the Finance team's work. It would take you some time to figure out how big this impact is, and you have other tasks that you need to get through today.
- The work scenario questions present you with a real-life NatWest working environment, you will have the opportunity to respond on how you would behave in challenging situations as a graduate student or an employee. it is best, to be honest, and pragmatic and relate your responses to the NatWest core values
- Your answers will help NatWest match your behaviors to the job required so it's best to respond to the situational judgment questions accurately.
- In total there are 14 questions and it is not timed, the assessment provider is SHL, so if you don't pass the work scenario you cannot progress to the next stage of the assessment process
NatWest SJT Question and Answers
The least effective solution would be scheduling time with your colleague to look for the underlying reason for the error in future reports. While it is important to identify the root cause of the error and prevent it from happening again, this solution does not address the immediate issue of the impact the error has already had on the Finance team's work.
The most effective solution is to inform the Finance team about the error and work with them to evaluate the impact it has had. This solution ensures that the issue is addressed in a timely manner, and that steps can be taken to mitigate any negative effects the error may have had on the Finance team's work. Additionally, by working with the Finance team, you can also ensure that any necessary measures are taken to prevent similar errors from occurring in the future.
NatWest Reasoning skills
- The Natwest Numerical Reasoning test, also known as the Natwest SHL General Ability Test consists of 24 questions and you will have 36 minutes to complete the assessment.
- The test aims to evaluate your cognitive abilities, including your ability to solve problems, work with numbers, and think logically.
- You will be challenged to interpret information, discover patterns and sequences, perform calculations, and make logical conclusions based on the given scenarios.
- The skills assessed are technical ones such as problem-solving, numerical reasoning, and logical reasoning skills.
NatWest numerical reasoning test practice
- Rather than presenting you with a set of response options from which to choose, there is an activity-based test that allows you to drag, drop, and interact with our questions!
- Examples include working out the next sequence of patterns of colour and shape along a series of similar patterns Examples shown below
NatWest online assessment questions
NatWest online assessment Answers
NatWest assessment test answers
- The Natwest reasoning skills question below assesses your numerical reasoning ability or simple arithmetics and percentages.
NatWest Assessment Test Answers
The information about the populations of the North and East regions can be used to find the population of the East region:
North: 250,000 people
East: 250,000 - 100,000 = 150,000 people
The West region's population can be found using the 4:1 ratio with the North:
West: 4 * 250,000 / 5 = 200,000 people
And the South region's population can be found by subtracting the populations of the other three regions from the total:
South: 1,000,000 - 250,000 - 150,000 - 200,000 = 500,000 people
So, the final pie chart would look like this:
North: 25% (250,000 / 1,000,000)
South: 50% (500,000 / 1,000,000)
East: 15% (150,000 / 1,000,000)
West: 10% (200,000 / 1,000,000)
How to Pass NatWest Video Interview Questions
- get familiar with the type of interview questions asked a list NatWest Video Interview Questions is shown below to practice one
- Here are some common interview questions that may be asked in a NatWest video interview:
- Can you tell us about a time when you had to handle a difficult customer?
- Why do you want to work for NatWest?
- How do you handle stress and pressure in a fast-paced work environment?
- Can you give an example of a time when you had to work in a team to solve a problem?
- How do you stay organized and prioritize tasks in a busy work environment?
- Can you tell us about a time when you had to adapt to a change at work?
- How do you approach problem-solving and decision-making in the workplace?
- Can you walk us through a recent project that you led and its outcome?
Natwest Online assessment FAQs
What test does NatWest use?
NatWest situational judgement test
This test takes around 20–30 minutes to complete. The test consists of around 15 questions based on work situations that you might encounter should you be successful with your application.
How do I prepare for a NatWest interview?
It's important to be prepared for a job interview, and it can be unnerving with so many things to remember.
17 tips to prepare for your NatWest Online Assessment
- Before you begin the assessment, you are encouraged to take the practice test.
- The newly designed SHL Online experience provides you with an interactive test so be prepared to find more information on the charts and graphs
- Make sure to take the practice test at the beginning and familiarise yourself with the type of questions asked
- The practice test includes tips on how to answer the different question types
- Whenever "weekdays" are referenced, assume this means Monday to Friday.
- For the 30-day calendar items, you may select up to 5 dates.
- For pie chart questions, a single wedge cannot be set to be lower than 5%.
- For bar chart questions, the overall bar value cannot be lower than the lowest value on the Y-axis.
- For the best experience with this assessment, use the most up-to-date version of your browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge as your browser.
- Please try to work quickly but accurately. Do not spend too long on any one question. You must complete the entire test to avoid a score reduction.
- Read the provided information carefully before responding to each question.
- It is recommended you complete the entire test in one sitting.
- If you lose your connection, the test will restart from where you left it.
- You will not have an opportunity to review your answers at the end of this test.
- Please note: If completing this test on a mobile device, we recommend you turn off all notifications.
- The test timer will not pause if you take a call or respond to text messages while in the test.
- Be ready for questions and good luck