- Atkins is a world-leading design, engineering, and project-management consultancy that helps clients make better decisions for complex projects
- Atkins operates around the world with over 80 years of experience and expertise
- There are a variety of graduate opportunities in Infrusctruce, Design and project management as well as digital IT, these roles can be found in the early careers section on Atkins's website
- The Atkins Graduate Application process consists of 3 stages, Atkins online application form, Atkins online immersive assessment, and finally the Atkins Business Review
- In this article, I will break down each of the stages of the Atkins application process to help you smash that Atkins online application process to get you that dream job and move out from your parent's home
- The main focus will be on the Atkins Online Test stage of the Application process -
- The Atkins Immersive Assessment 2023 includes 12 Atkins situational judgement test questions, 10 Atkins Numerical Reasoning Questions and 3 Atkins Virtual Interview motivational questions
- The Atkins Assessment is conducted by the test provider AmberJack and includes a combination of numerical reasoning tests, logical reasoning, and behavior assessment
- There are multiple Atkins Immersive Assessment questions provided below with sample answers - read on to find out more
Atkins Graduate Scheme
- The Atkins Graduate Scheme is a programme that offers you the opportunity to join one of the world’s leading design, engineering, and infrastructure consultancy service providers.
- You will gain valuable skills and knowledge in various engineering disciplines such as civil, mechanical, electrical, environmental, and digital.
- You will also benefit from mentoring, training, networking, and professional development opportunities.
- You will also receive a competitive salary and enjoy perks such as travel opportunities.
Atkins Online Immersive Assessment Questions
Sample Atkins situational judgement question
Sample Atkins situational judgement Answers
- Based on Atkins' values and principles, the most likely scenario would be option 2, which involves communicating the issues to the Project Manager and proposing solutions to mitigate the risks within the available timeframe. This option aligns with Atkins' values of collaboration, communication, and innovation, as it involves working with the Project Manager to address the issues and find a solution that meets their needs while still adhering to the project's goals and objectives.
- The least likely scenario would be option 4, which involves working longer hours to attempt to resolve the issues by the deadline. While Atkins values hard work and dedication, this option may not align with their principle of work-life balance and could potentially lead to burnout or decreased productivity. Additionally, this option may not be the most effective solution if the issues are significant and require more time or resources than can be accommodated by working longer hours alone.
Sample Atkins Virtual Interview Questions
Sample Atkins Virtual Interview Answers
One example of a time where I demonstrated drive and tenacity outside of my studies was during my time as a volunteer mentor for a local youth organization. My goal was to help young people in my community build confidence, develop life skills, and set goals for their future.
To achieve this goal, I took several steps. First, I went through an extensive training program to become a certified mentor, which included learning about best practices for building positive relationships with young people and managing difficult situations. Next, I worked with the organization to identify a group of mentees who I could work with over the course of several months. I then developed a tailored program for each mentee based on their individual needs and interests, incorporating activities such as goal-setting exercises, career exploration, and community service projects.
Throughout my time as a mentor, I faced several challenges. One of the biggest challenges was building trust and rapport with my mentees, as many of them came from difficult backgrounds and were initially wary of opening up to me. To overcome this, I took a patient and non-judgmental approach, actively listening to their concerns and showing empathy for their experiences. I also made sure to maintain consistent communication with them, checking in regularly to see how they were doing and offering support and guidance as needed.
Another challenge was managing my own time and energy, as being a mentor required a significant amount of emotional investment and commitment. To overcome this, I developed a self-care routine that included regular exercise, meditation, and time spent with friends and family.
Overall, through my work as a mentor, I was able to see firsthand the impact that positive role models can have on young people's lives. I was proud to see my mentees grow in confidence and achieve their goals, and I continue to stay involved with the organization today. This experience taught me the importance of perseverance, adaptability, and empathy, which are all core values of Atkins.
Atkins Immersive Assessment Questions and Answer
- Based on this corrected information, the cheapest software option for your company would be Manage 24/7. The upfront cost for Manage 24/7 is £12,570, and the annual cost per user is £3,270.
- Assuming you are implementing the software across Finance and IT, the total number of users would be 8 (5 Finance employees and 3 IT employees). Therefore, the annual cost for Manage 24/7 would be £37,120 (£4,640 x 8 users).
Atkins Numerical Reasoning Answers
- Based on the upfront and annual costs provided, the cheapest software option for the company would be TaskPro. The upfront cost for TaskPro is £11,350, and the annual cost per user is £3,270.
- Assuming you are implementing the software across Finance and IT, the total number of users would be 8 (5 Finance employees and 3 IT employees). Therefore, the annual cost for TaskPro would be £26,160 (£3,270 x 8 users).
Atkins Application Process
- Atkins Application form
- Atkins Online Immersive Assessment
- Atkins Virtual Interview
The whole process can take up to 12 weeks depending on the availability of interviewers and assessors
What is the recruitment process like in Atkins?
- Atkins Application form - fill out personal details about yourself, your skills, your education qualifications, experiences, motivations and interests,
- There are two blocks of questions that are 500 words long assessing your motivation about the role and company, the application can be saved and filled out later
- The next stage is the Atkins online immersive assessment, which tests your basic technical and cognitive abilities as well as personality traits, and your behaviors in a scenario-based situational judgement
- Finally, the virtual interview is all questions about your motivation and the role you are applying for, this stage evaluates your technical skills, competencies, and fit for the role.
What is Atkins Immersive Assessment?
- The Atkins Immersive Assessment is an online test that gives you a glimpse of what it is like to work at Atkins.
- You will be presented with multiple-choice questions that ask you how you would handle different situations that may arise in your role.
- The test also assesses your ability to reason with numbers and interpret data.
- The outcome of the test will determine whether you move on to the next stage of the application process.
- The next stage of the Atkins Immersive Assessment is a virtual interview conducted online to assess your personality and behaviors in the form of competency and motivational questions about the role and Atkins
Atkins Immersive Assessment Questions
Why do you want to work for Atkins?
When answering the question "Why do you want to work for Atkins?" it's important to convey your interest in the company and align your personal career goals with the organization's values and goals. Here are some steps you can take to formulate your answer:
Do your research: Before you can explain why you want to work for Atkins, you need to have a solid understanding of what the company does, its mission, and its values. Visit the company's website, read up on recent news articles and press releases, and look for information about the company's culture and work environment.
Highlight your skills and experiences: Talk about your professional and personal experiences that have prepared you for a role at Atkins. Highlight specific skills or achievements that align with the company's values and goals. For example, if the company is focused on sustainability, you can talk about your experience working on green initiatives.
Show enthusiasm: Make it clear that you are genuinely excited about the opportunity to work for Atkins. Express interest in the company's projects and initiatives, and talk about how you believe you can contribute to the organization.
Be specific: Avoid generic answers and be as specific as possible about why you want to work for Atkins. Referencing specific projects or initiatives that the company is involved in can demonstrate that you have done your research and are truly interested in the company. For example, your answer could be:
"I want to work for Atkins because of its commitment to sustainability and improving communities through innovative engineering solutions. I'm drawn to the company's focus on creating a better future for everyone, and I believe my skills in project management and collaboration would be a great fit for Atkins. In particular, I'm impressed by the work the company has done on the Crossrail project, and I would be excited to contribute to such a large-scale and impactful initiative."
Why did you apply to this sector/role?
I applied for this role in the [sector/industry] because I am passionate about [specific aspect of sector/industry]. I have always been interested in [related field] and I believe this role will allow me to develop my skills in that area. I am also excited about the opportunity to work with [specific tools/technology] and contribute to [specific project/goal] in the sector/industry.
Furthermore, I am drawn to the [company/organization] because of its reputation for [specific attribute] and its commitment to [specific goal/mission]. I am impressed by the company's [specific project/achievement], and I believe that my skills and experience align with the company's needs. I am excited to contribute to the team and help the company achieve its goals in the [sector/industry]. Overall, I am confident that this role will challenge me and allow me to grow both personally and professionally, and I am excited for the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the [sector/industry] through this position.
Tell us about your greatest achievement?
When responding to a question about your greatest achievement, it is important to choose an accomplishment that is relevant to the job you are applying for. The achievement should demonstrate a skill or quality that the employer is looking for, such as leadership, problem-solving, or teamwork. Here are some steps you can follow to structure your response:
Start by briefly describing the achievement. Provide some context and background to help the interviewer understand the significance of the accomplishment.
Highlight the skills and qualities that were essential to your success. Focus on the specific actions you took to achieve your goal and explain how your skills and qualities contributed to your success.
Share the impact of your achievement. Explain how your accomplishment benefited the organization or the people around you.
Finally, reflect on what you learned from the experience. Share how this achievement has shaped your skills, values, or goals moving forward.
Remember, when discussing your greatest achievement, it is important to strike a balance between being proud of your accomplishment and being humble. Avoid sounding arrogant or boastful, and instead, demonstrate your gratitude towards those who supported and helped you along the way.
What is your definition of sustainability?
Sustainability is the ability to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. It is about balancing economic, social, and environmental considerations to create a better world for everyone.
Sustainability involves a long-term perspective that takes into account the impact of our actions on the environment, society, and economy. It is about finding ways to use resources in a way that is responsible and ensures they will be available for future generations.
Sustainability is not just about protecting the environment, but also about promoting social equity and economic prosperity. It is about finding ways to create a better world for everyone, not just those who are privileged or powerful.
Overall, sustainability is about creating a better future for ourselves and future generations by being responsible stewards of our planet and its resources. It is about making choices that promote a healthy and thriving world for everyone.
Tips on Atkins technical interview questions
- Review job requirements and technical skills: Make sure you have a clear understanding of the technical requirements of the role you are interviewing for. Review the job description and familiarize yourself with the technical skills required for the position.
- Brush up on technical concepts: Refresh your understanding of basic engineering concepts and theories related to the specific area of the job you are interviewing for. For example, if you are interviewing for a civil engineering role, make sure you have a strong understanding of basic structural design principles.
- Practice problem-solving: Technical interview questions often involve problem-solving scenarios. Practice analyzing and solving engineering problems, and be prepared to explain your thought process and approach to arriving at a solution.
- Be prepared to discuss projects: You may be asked to discuss projects you have worked on in the past. Make sure you can speak clearly and concisely about your role in the project, your contributions, and any challenges you faced.
- Emphasize safety: Safety is a top priority at Atkins, so be prepared to discuss how you prioritize safety in your work. This includes understanding and implementing safety procedures and protocols, and identifying and mitigating potential safety risks.
Remember to remain calm and focused during the interview, and don't hesitate to ask clarifying questions if needed. Good luck!